Breaking news

‘Azaan’ to be broadcast nationally in solidarity with Muslims: NZ PM

Probably the darkest Day in the Calendar of NewZealand when White Australian terrorist (Gunman) entered Christchurch premises and found hundreds of Muslims worshipping simultaneously where he crossed few worshippers in an intention to have something extremely unicorn. Few people stopped him and asked ” Man what are you up to? Gunmen with Helmet and black glasses before replying opened fire on worshippers and ended up at least 50 innocent Muslims.

 

Speaking to media on her second visit to Christchurch since the terror attack, she said there would be a memorial service on Friday.

“While it will be in Christchurch we want to involve the rest of New Zealand. There is a desire to show support to the Muslim community as they return to Mosques, particularly on Friday.”

“To acknowledge this there will be a two minutes’ silence on Friday. We will also broadcast nationally, via TVNZ and RNZ, the call to prayer.”

She said there were a “large number of loopholes” in New Zealand’s gun laws and there was a range of things to be fixed. “Many New Zealanders would be astounded to know that you can access military-style semi-automatics.”

She hoped New Zealand could now demonstrate what could be done with gun control

The massacre by at least one gunman during Friday prayers in the city of Christchurch is the country’s worst ever mass shooting and was condemned throughout Asia. 

“We believe that 40 people have lost their lives in this act of extreme violence,” Ardern said. 

“It is clear that this can now only be described as a terrorist attack.” 

Ardern said New Zealand had been placed on its highest security threat level. She said four people in police custody held extremist views but had not been on any police watchlists. 

Video footage widely circulated on social media, apparently taken by a gunman and posted online live as the attack unfolded, showed him driving to one mosque, entering it and shooting randomly at people inside. 

Meanwhile British Government asked all media firms to take down the mass shooting video which earlier gone viral due to millions of viewers searched for the latest scenes.

Worshippers, possibly dead or wounded, lay huddled on the floor of the mosque, the video showed. Reuters was unable to confirm the authenticity of the footage. 

Australian Gunman opened fired at Mosques killed 40 and dozen injured

One man who said he was at the Al Noor mosque told media the gunman was white, blond and wearing a helmet and a bulletproof vest. The man burst into the mosque as worshippers were kneeling for prayers. 

“He had a big gun … he came and started shooting everyone in the mosque, everywhere,” said the man, Ahmad Al-Mahmoud. He said he and others escaped by breaking through a glass door.

#NewZealand #Shootings #Killing #Mosque

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.