Why Study in Australia ?
When most people think of Australia, they see wide open spaces of outback bush, kangaroos, koalas and clean air and water. However, Australia has so much more to offer than just that! Many international students are choosing to study in Australia because of its friendly, laid-back nature, excellent education system, and high standard of living. Australia is currently the third most popular destination for international students in the English-speaking world, behind the United States and the UK.
Institutions in Australia offer a wide variety of courses and degrees, so international students can easily find the school and field that are right for them. The first decision international students have to make when choosing a degree program is which type of school is most catered to their needs and interests. Students can choose between universities, vocational education, and English language training. Students visiting the country are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week while they are studying in Australia. This is a great opportunity for students who want to earn money to help with living expenses during their stay, and for students who want to gain work experience in their field of interest while they study.
- A filled and signed student visa application form (Form 157A) and/or a completed and signed family composition form (Form 54).
- A checklist signifying the documents that are provided at the time of application.
- Copies of the passport details page of each person in the application.
- Identification card copies of each person included in the application.
- Four filled self-adhesive name and address labels.
- One passport sized photograph which should not be more than six months old, of each person included in the application.
- Certified or notarized copies of the student’s formal educational qualifications.
- Certified or notarized copies of the student’s English Language Test score which should have been taken within 2 years before the date of application. [The government allows IELTS/TOEFL iBT or PTE to be taken by international students.]
- Criminal record check results.